-
July 25th, 2005, 01:04 PM
#1
Inactive Member
"I don't understand why they don't hold this in October or April when it is cooler and heve a place where people can pull up and load their vehicles. It sounds like the North Pole to me!"
Well, if you have ever lived in in WI before, you would know that it can BE the North Pole in October or April! It is not unusual for us to get snow in May!! I prefer it to be in July, and this year was the hottest I EVER remember it being! I have NEVER been hot in there like that in the past!
As far as the sale, I think that this year may have been the first to allow 200 to enter at 7 AM. I feel that was a mistake! The people entering at that time are generally, like me, purchasing a LOT of merchandise! I paid $135 for my 7 AM ticket on e-bay. When you are buying a lot, it is worth it. Otherwise, I would never had paid that much for an entry ticket! This means that you are allowing 200 megashoppers in at one time, and then in 15 mins., you are adding 150 more! The sale was GREAT until 7:30, at which time it became FAR too crowded! I don't think the coordinators were prepared for this many people so quickly this year. I am not sure what went wrong, how, or where, but the lines backed up farther than I can explain and the voucher area was far more crowded than I have EVER seen it! Something definitley occurred this year differently than in the past, and I really can't put my finger on it. I respect those ladies (and a few men) vlunteering at that sale so much! It must be an amazingly difficult , sweaty experience for them too. I just don't know what happened this year, but it didn't seem as well organized as in the past. There seemed to be FAR too few grocery carts also - the line for them was incredibly long! And, they were getting yelled at waiting for me, because I had to go back and forth to get my vouchers, which were being held up by a LONG line. So, my voucher items were held up on one end, and I was holding up the carts on the other end! It just seemed different this year to me for some reason. Not a bad experience at all, and well worth the trip - just different and not as well-organized.
Gret
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks